A long, cool shower settles down emotions, nerves and hormones. And what if you challenge that with hot, steamy sex? Yes, shower sex is nothing like anything when done right. And to help you do it right, a good shower sex lubricant can go a long, long way. We reviewed scores of lubricants meant for the purpose and shortlisted five that are really worth their salt. So without much ado, we take you through some of the best lubricants for shower sex. Keep an eye for the ones that avoid much use of chemicals.
Silicone or water: what makes steamier showers?
This is a fairly straight one – water-based lubes will not respond well when used under a shower or inside a tub. Since they are water based, they will wash off within minutes (or seconds) of action. A water-based lube for shower sex is a myth and a potentially bad investment.
Silicone lubes are the best fits for fun under the raining sun. These lubes provide smooth lubrication all the way through without getting washed away. They can be washed later with the help of some mild soap.In a nutshell, silicone lubes are the only valid lubes for shower sex.
What else should you look for in a shower sex lube?
- Thorough lubrication: We know you are already under water and still want to have a certain extra bit of lubrication going through. That is where we recommend you to vet the lubrication model of the lube very thoroughly. A good shower sex lube will give you smooth and velvety lubrication throughout. Just make sure you are hitting the right notes in this context!
- The right certifications: Since silicone based lubes are the ideal ones to use in the shower and since there will be a decent level of chemical composition in the lube, you will have to watch over the certifications column very carefully. Make sure there is nothing that goes unattended. FDA certifications are a must for sexual wellness products like personal lubes.
- Less chemicals, more moisturizers: On most occasions, a lot of chemical goop gets passed off as personal lubricants. This is where you will have to pull back on the strings. Ask for something that has very fewer chemicals and sufficient moisturizers to keep you on for long. Keep an eye out for non-approved or non-approved ingredients I the lube.
- A soothing after-effect: The after-effect is very important when looking for shower lubes that have imparted great sensations when having sex. It is important that you do not feel irritated after leaving the shower. The best shower lubes will leave a lubricated and moisturized on the skin long after you are over with the act.
- Sensitivity planning: It is important to look after the sensitivity of moisturizing lubricants if you are really serious about getting into the act at the right time. In case you have sensitive skin down there (which most people are), you must be very cautious while reading the “ingredients” column of the lube.
Our recommended top 5 shower lube reviews
# Überlube Luxury Lubricant 100ml
The Überlube Luxury comes pre-packed in a mailing tube. It is one of those high-end luxury tubes that you would typically want to go for. As a lube for shower, it is not the most slippery one out there. It has a rather slick texture that helps you transfer the sensation without being too hard on the body.The way it reduces friction while having sex under the shower is a real show.Considering all the water that it braves, we thought it outlasted several other products.
The Überlube Luxury is among the silkiest lubes you will come across. It will last just as long as you want it to last. Once you are done with it, you can easily wash it off or allow it to dissipate by itself. It leaves a nice, moisturized feeling on the body once it wears off. The best thing about the Überlube Luxury lube is that it never feels sticky under the shower.
- Does not make a sticky mess.
- Lasts as long as you want.
- Dissipates with moisturizing.
- Transfers friction from one part to another.
- Lasts long only when a good amount is used.
- Steep pricing.
# SWISS NAVY PERS LUBRICANT,SILICONE, 8 OZ
The SWISS NAVY personal lubricant is among the very few products that actually deserve mention in the shower lube category. Over the years, Swiss Navy has pretty much become the standard that has set the benchmarks to judge others. The lube actually blends together the best of the ingredients available in the industry. Also, for your convenience Swiss navy is shipping the shower lube in three sizes – 4oz, 8oz and 16oz. And if you are looking for something portable for travel, you may simply go for the 2oz bottle.
Unlike many other weirdly designed bottles, the Swiss Navy Premium is actually a leak-proof design that comes in a single hand pump which is both easy and sufficient. All you need is one pump-full of lube and that should do it for the whole day. The feel is one you can savor for a long time. It is velvety with somewhat a satin finish to it. We can’t stress this enough.
- Available in several sizes.
- Just one pump ensures sufficient action.
- Comes in a small travel pack too.
- Leak-proof bottle.
- Made with best ingredients.
- Not as “wet” as some other lubes.
- A little difficult to wash off.
# Wet Platinum Premium Lubricant 3.1 oz
We will do it slightly unusually and start with a negative point of the Wet Platinum. The Premium from Wet Platinum does not come in a really good bottle. For a silicone lube that has a propensity to stain anything that comes in its way, the bottle is a tad leaky. You will always need to find the perpendicular while placing it. However, if you can make do with this one little flaw, there are plenty of surprises in store for you.
The lube is actually one of the best products for custom shower sex. You get all the goodness that you expect from a truly world-class product. It does not even feel like you are using a lube after a certain point. The feel is completely non-sticky and it also has a good flavor about, just in case oral sex is your thing too. You will notice that the consistency of the Wet Platinum is smooth enough for prolonged sessions.
- Very smooth consistency.
- Silicone-based velvety feel.
- Lasts unusually longer than others.
- Lightly and pleasantly flavored.
- Does not stick to skin.
- Natural, body-like texture.
- Very leaky bottle.
- Stains all that is in range.
# Silicone Based Intimate Lubricant (8 Fl Oz) By Healthy Vibes
The Intimate Lubricant from healthy Vibes has been producing some really good vibes in our review columns for some time now. The Premium lube comes infused with real high-grade silicone that never gets too tacky or sticky on you. The silicone platinum formula is a thoroughly smooth, silky and long lasting formula that will give you the added vigor to go long. The ingredients that you find in the Premium are the highest grade and they have been specially designed to bear water splashes throughout the day.
The real good thing about the lube is that supports all latex and condoms despite being a shower lube. You would know that most shower lubes are silicone based and do not support condoms. So that is a huge plus for the silicone if you ask us. This lube is completely free from paraben, fragrance and glycerin. The formula is FDA approved and 100% safe to use on the body.
- Paraben, glycerin and alcohol free.
- Does not get tacky or sticky.
- Silky, smooth and long-lasting lube.
- Compatible with latex condoms.
- Not a pump action bottle.
- Bottle could have been sturdier.
# Personal Lubricant by Penchant
There are personal lubricants and then there are products that take you to a whole new level. We are fonder of the latter. And the Penchant personal lubricant is definitely one product that has a lot going for it. And they are backing this product too well – there is a 30 day money back guarantee. And we can say with some confidence that this is the best that penchant have come up with so far. And yes, it simply rocks during showers sex.
The Penchant personal can be used by both men and women individually and in combination (the real ones). The packaging has been discreetly and from a distance, it gives the impression of a high-end moisturizer. The lube has been approved by the FDA. It is hypoallergenic and does not aggravate existing allergy issues. There is no added glycerin or paraben that can trigger skin sensitivity anomalies in you.
- Works great in water.
- Easy cleaning with mild soap.
- FDA approved.
- Packaged discreetly.
- Free from parabens and glycerin.
- Best by Penchant so far.
- Container on the lousier side.
- Leaks very often.
- Pleasure scale could go either way.
The Swiss Navy Pers Lubricant is one of the best ones you can dream of. There are too many things that work well for this lube. It is available in several sizes for the home, plus there is a 2oz travel pack. All you will ever need is just one pump of action and that will go a long way into making every experience thoroughly satisfying. And unlike most of the competition, the bottle is completely leak-proof.
Shower sex requires a lube that is super under water, easy to clean and comes in a bomb-proof container. We hope you get all of these three in one among our reviews.