Choosing the lube that you will use during intercourse can be a major decision. Getting the wrong lubricant can mean having painful and uncomfortable sex. There are many different lubes in the market today, and it can be difficult to identify the right lube that will be the best without trying many of them. Silicone based lubricants are great, though, and have many advantages over the other types of lubes. Despite that, it is important to know what is in a given silicone lubricant, and also the available types before making a selection. Once you do find a silicone lubricant that you love, you will be glad you did the research and can look forward to years of great sex. Basically, silicon based lube is the best choice for anal sex, checkout our anal lube post hope you’ll get the best guideline. Let’s continue I hope you’ll find out things clear.
Though it has a wide range of advantages but it also has quite a few disadvantages. So you got to be a little bit cautious regarding the issues before using it. Water base lube was the most popular form of lubricant in early days but now silicon based lube is already in a competitive chase. So let’s continue, and I hope you’ll find out things more clear.
Our straight recommendation: Swiss Navy Lubricant
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Silicone based Lubricant Reviews
- Silicon-based lube ingredients
Top 5 Silicone based Lubricant Reviews
Wet Platinum Premium lube leaves your skin feeling moisturized. I was pleased to know that it can be used with condoms and as it is thinner than a lot of other lubes, it is easy to apply. It does not dry on the skin and felt as soft and moist at the end as it did when it was applied. Wet Platinum Premium lube was fine when used in the shower and I felt reassured to know that is has been approved by the FDA. The only concern was that it was quite slippery when poured and I had to be quick to get it onto the skin.
- It is made from high-grade silicone and works well when used in water.
- Although it is slippery, it does not feel sticky
- It cannot be used with other silicone products so limits the use of sex toys.
- Creates oily stains.
I found that this was really smooth and did a good job of combating dryness. It manages to improve the overall experience and sensations were heightened on the times it was used. Shibari Intimate contains parabens such as mythylparaben and propylparaben and other ingredients like hydroxyethylcellullose, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl, aqua and glycerine. The lube has no scent to it also. It made sex feel like a fully natural experience. In the past I have used lubes that have dried up and have needed to make multiple applications but this was fine with just the one application. When it comes to the natural part, there are no preservatives and this made it seem just right for my needs.
- It worked well to prevent painful sex as it lasted throughout the act.
- As there are no preservatives it is totally natural.
- It has parabens.
- Some claim that the item gets sticky quickly.
Having used this lube, I found it to be much thinner than others and it did not last on my skin as long as previous products have. But Premium silicone lube 8oz was easy enough to apply and re-apply. It was fine to use with both condoms and silicone based sex toys as this is one that does not cause problems when used with other silicone products. It is perfectly safe if “eaten” although this will be in small amounts, not in bigger quantities, as the result of a bit of intimate oral activity. It is a well-packaged lube offering a patented leak-resistant locking pump.
- Can be used with sex toys and condoms
- Oral sex safe as it is safe if ingested.
- Contains dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, and tocopheryl acetate. So it is paraben free.
- It is not as thick as others and it does need to be reapplied regularly.
This is one of the long lasting lubricants and it only takes a few drops before you notice the difference. It is smooth and easy to apply, as there is no stickiness, and when it is used there is only pleasure felt and nothing else. It was fine when used with water and there was no problem when using a condom. Toys are not out of the equation as they are also fine to use with this lube as long as they are not made out of silicone. There is no smell with it and as it is clear it did not stand out on the skin. It is ideal for just massaging when that is what’s on the menu.
- Can be used with toys and latex condoms
- It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft when used as part of a massage.
- It does not dissolve in water, so use in the shower.
- There will be a problem if the toys are made out of silicone.
This turned out to be a great lube as it was smooth when placed on the skin. When used with a toy, there will be no problem either, whether there is a partner involved or you use it alone. Afterward everything was easy to clean although as with others, it couldn’t be used with anything else that was made of silicone. Once it had been applied it really was long lasting. Furthermore, Passion Lubes, Silicone Premium comes in a spill-proof bottle and is easy to travel with when going on a vacation. Dealing with the mess after sex was no big deal. All we needed was water and soap. Passion Lubes is a good product and my husband and l thought it offered us good value for money.
- Smooth to use as it does not stick
- Easy to remove if it did get spilled on anything.
- It can be used for sex with a partner or personal pleasure.
- Though claimed to be spill-proof, you must handle with care to avoid spillage.
Silicon-based lube ingredients
There are 4 ingredients at most in the majority of silicone lubricants and the main ones are Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone and in some cases a spermicide, although it will be best to check each brand if that is important to you.
- They do not contain many ingredients, so there is less chance of having an allergy to one of them.
- There is no risk of increasing the chance of HIV when used during anal intercourse.
- It has long lasting properties and as a result, it is added to pre-lubricated condoms.
- They cannot be used with sex toys as they can damage them and allow bacteria to form.
- It can be hard to wash away as it is water resistant.
Tips for using silicon based lube
Silicone lube is the form that should always be used if you have allergies or are prone to sensitive skin. They can be used with condoms and are the ideal type if you decide to have sex in the shower as they won’t be damaged by water.
There is a lot of choices and it should not be easy to find a silicone based lubricant that suits both your lifestyle and your budget. However, I would recommend the above 5 products as I have used them and was happy with the results.
Similar post: Water based lubricant