Water based lubricant is the most popular form of lubricant chosen by every individual. Most of us consider personal lubricant as water based lubricant. I’m sorry to say it’s not. Also, people always think like, oh! I need a lube so I should just take a water based lube. Now the question here is what made water based lube so popular? Let me explain. Well, it’s kinda the most recommended one, and we love recommendations! It’s not sticky like others, easily washable, can be used while using condoms and toys, there is no side effect and many more.
Water based personal lubricants are water soluble lubes, meaning that they get absorbed into the skin and start to evaporate immediately. These products tend to dry during intercourse, but they can be reapplied without stopping the fun. After knowing all these benefits I’m sure now you understand why people like water based lubricant that much. Basically, water based lubricant is specially made for vaginal sex, but if someone wants to use it for other intercourses he or she can go with it. About that aspect you’ll have (more information in our personal lube for sex page). Here one thing is, not all the water based lubes available on the market are the quality product.So before using a water based lubricant you should know a few things in more details. Go through our article I hope you’ll be on the right track.
Straight Recommendation: Shibari Intimate Lubricant
Related post: Silicone lubricant
Water Based Lubricant comparison chart
|Image||Brand & Name||Types||Rating &|
|Shibari Premium Intimate||Water Based||4 by 2756||$|
|Carrageenan Gently||Water Based||4.6 by 667||$$|
|System Jo Anal H2O||Water Based||4.2 by 259||$|
|Passion Lubes||Water Based||4.3 by 763||$$|
|Lulu Lube||Water Based||4.2 by 682||$$|
|Healthy Vibes Lubricant||Water Based||3.8 by 703||$|
|Isabel Fay lube||Water Based||4.4 by 509||$$|
|Sasmar Classic||Water Based||4.1 by 24||$$|
|Hello Sailor lube||Water Based||4.3 by 328||$$|
|K-Y Liquid||Water Based||4.3 by 105||$$|
Water Based Lube Ingredients
The oldest water lubes were solutions that contained cellulose ether or glycerin. Today, Lubes that are being produced have many ingredients added to enhance moisture retention and to reduce the risk of contamination. Additionally, products that are available today do not have equal amounts of water or identical viscosity. Their levels of viscosity are changed by altering their cellulose make-up and the amount of water in them. Some of the newest water lubricants may contain carrageenan – a product that can block human papillomavirus. Some further advanced water based lubricants may contain Carraguard, a watery gel that contains carrageenan and has been shown to inhibit HIV transmission.
- You get to choose just how thick you want the lube to be, as thickness varies.
- There is some degree of protection against some really nasty diseases but it is not the final answer.
- Due to the variations in the amount of water used, some may not be thick enough and there could still be some discomfort during intercourse.
Tips for Using Water Based Lube
Lube can be used as a warm up to sex and during the act itself. During foreplay, it can be good to rub some over your partner’s and your own genitals to increase stimulation and then add a little more just before penetration takes place. Too much won’t be dangerous, but it can become a bit of a barrier between both bodies. It is a good idea to warm it up first by rubbing it on the hands. Although it’s considered that water-based lube is for vaginal sex but, it also performs quite well in backdoor play as an anal lube.
Top 5 Water Based Lube Reviews
It’s hard to define this product as it falls somewhere between being a gel and liquid. It is easy to pour but not too runny when poured over the body. It is not sticky in the least and I found it incredibly easy to use. At no time did it begin to clog and it is good value for money as only a small amount is needed each time. I was worried that it would dry up when used in conjunction with a condom but that was not the case. It lasted as long as it was needed and at no stage did its effect start to wane.
- Did not need to be reapplied or become sticky.
- Hard to define the consistency but it was certainly fit for purpose.
- It stays smooth longer than most lubes and does not stick at all.
- Contains Methylparaben and Propylparaben, which are parabens.
This will be the lube to use if you want to feel natural as it is designed to feel like it is your own secretion and not from a tube. The gel is incredibly water-based, soft, non-stick and silicon-free. Ingredients such as water, carrageenan, sodium benzoate, citric acid, menthol, vegetable glycerin, and propylparaben are connected to plant life so they are mostly natural. Being a water-based product, cleaning up after intercourse is easy. Carrageenan has a special pumping system and so it does not spill and does not create unnecessary stains. Mostly created for ladies who have vaginal dryness, Carrageenan Gently Natural is the ultimate lube for sexual pleasure and alleviation of pain.
- Carrageenan and other ingredients are totally natural.
- Alleviates vaginal dryness and pain during sex.
- The pack is designed to seal as soon as the gel is removed meaning no mess.
- It holds moisture well, so if a lot is produced naturally there may be too much wetness.
- Has propylparaben, a paraben family ingredient used as a preservative.
I was able to use this without concerns of the ingredients because it is clear that there is no silicone, wax or oil included. It leaves a smooth feeling wherever it touches and as there is no fragrance it did not run the risk of leaving a sickly smell hanging in the air. Once on it, it lasted as long as it was needed and so did not need a reapplication. There was no problem removing it afterward as it was really easy to wash off and due to the presence of Vitamin E our skin felt softer even after it had been removed.
- It has been declared safe by the FDA and is made in accordance with their guidelines.
- It can be used with condoms and they will still serve their purpose.
- Has no silicon, wax or oil yet slippery enough to allow pleasurable sex.
- Generally great than most water-based lubes but some users claim that it can stick to the skin.
It turns out that this is an ideal water based lubricant and has been made for the moments when you are completely alone, alone with a toy, or with a partner regardless of whether toys are involved. There are no toys that cannot be used due to the lube being water based and this has meant no need to worry about what we are planning on playing with. It was easy to remove afterwards and all that it took was a bit of soap and water to take it all away. I was also pleased to know that glycerin was not listed among the ingredients. Passion Lubes easily washes away with warm water and mild soap and you can reapply as desired.
- As it is natural there is no limit to how much can be applied.
- Any form of toy can be used with it.
- Glycerin free and paraben-free
- Cleans up easily because it is water-based.
- Few users complain that the product can get very sticky and gooey.
I found that Lulu Lube was able to provide a lot more lubrication than other lubricants I had tried. It also did not make a mess when it was being used, and any bits that did get in places they should not have done were easy to get rid of. It managed to provide a lot more slipperiness than a silicone product would, and it is a natural product as it does not contain petrochemical, parabens or glycerin. It stopped there being any dryness at all and was ideal when we decided that we wanted to carry out a massage instead of sex. It lasted well and was easy to smooth across the body.
- Prevents chafing during sex.
- It is a clear silky gel without any flavor.
- Suitable for use with toys.
- Lacks glycerine and parabens.
- It does provide a lot of lubrication and some people may feel it is too slippery.
Water based lubes provide a great way to ensure you enjoy sex without any pain at all. There is less to worry about when using sex toys (if you are interested to get the right sex toys then check spiceuptoys.) or latex condoms than there would be if you are using a silicone based lube.
Have a great sex life and let the water based lube take care of any problems.